October 10, 2017

It's Been So Long!!!

     Hello, hello! It has been far too long since my last post. I have found that the beginning of the school year gets more and more hectic as each school year comes around. We have thoroughly been enjoying ourselves learning new things and building confidence in areas that some may believe they are weaker in. This is an amazing group of students I am working with this year!  I am reminded of that every time we do a group project and I hear such rich discussion about their thinking. Of course, sometimes our discussion tends to stray :)...but they know how to reel it back in to the task at hand. Let's remember, they are 5th graders after all. I think sometimes people lose sight of the fact that these are kids that we are preparing for the future. We should be teaching them what it means to be successful. Positivism all around! If this group work is any indication, we are on the right path to a successful student! Until next time...




Talking through translating expressions!




Discussing Testable vs. Non-Testable Questions 











Taking ownership of AVID Expectations...student created posters! 


Point of view scenes...students wrote about what took place from different perspectives and points of view.

















I just LOVE it when they work together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment